This simple chicken and gravy is Weight Watchers friendly comfort food at its most delicious…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 ounces each, about 2 pounds total)
- 2 packages chicken gravy mix (I used McCormick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) low-fat, low-sodium cream of chicken soup (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 2 cups water
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry gravy mix, soup, water, and pepper with a whisk until the gravy is as smooth as you can get it.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4 hours, until the chicken registers 165 on an instant-read meat thermometer stuck into the center of the breasts.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, brown rice or toast, if desired.