These muffins are like cinnamon rolls, unrolled. De-rolled. They’re really ‘drop cinnamon rolls’ (think drop biscuits). They’ll make you hear sweet sweet breakfast music…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
Cinnamon sugar mix:
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¼ cups of crushed nuts (optional)
To glaze and dress up:
- Homemade caramel sauce
- Cream cheese icing
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the cinnamon sugar ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix, the wet ingredients using a whisk until all ingredients are well blended.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula, gently mix the batter together, do not over mix it and do not worry about some lumps in the batter.
- Using a tablespoon measure, place 2 tablespoons of batter at the bottom of each muffin cup, top with a teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mix and then top with a tablespoon more of batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes until done
- While still warm glaze with homemade caramel sauce and cream cheese icing