Years ago I found a grilled tilapia recipe in a seafood cookbook. The pineapple salsa with cilantro has a touch of spice and goes so well with the flaky, tender fish…
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine pineapple, green onions, green pepper, cilantro, 4 teaspoons lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and cayenne.
- Refrigerate until serving. Mix oil and remaining lime juice; drizzle over fillets.
- Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in.
- From heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.