I just love desserts that don’t require you to heat up the oven. This is as easy as stirring all the ingredients in a pan and dropping the batter onto parchment paper and just waiting for them to set…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup reduced the fat peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Mix together butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Stir in oats and pecans. Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop onto wax or parchment paper.
- Allow cookies to stand for 1 hour or until set