Peanut butter and banana is probably one of my favorite combinations out there. … So when thinking about what kind of oat bars to make this past…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2½ cups instant oatmeal or old fashion oats
- ⅓ cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Silk® unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8” pan or cookie bar pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Next, add in vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk, and the egg. Stir in mashed bananas and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Finally, fold in dark chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Transfer mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow bars to cool before serving.