Pesto zucchini noodles, with a dose of chicken sausage, are a fantastic way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite pasta dish without all of the carbs…
- 2 medium zucchini (4 cups noodles)
- 1 large yellow squash (3 cups noodles)
- 4 precooked chicken sausages, sliced into half-circles
- 5 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and yellow squash, and cut eat the vegetable in half crosswise.
- Run the zucchini and squash through the skinniest blade on the spiralizer to produce noodles.
- Place them in a large serving bowl.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and heated through.
- Add the cooked sausage, basil pesto, salt and pepper to the “noodles”. Toss to coat. Serve.