Shrimp fried rice can be made healthier at home and can also be made faster than the time it takes to order some take out…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp. Sliced green onions
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute.
- Add carrots and peas and sauté 3 minutes, then add shrimp and cook, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the egg.
- Stir egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture.
- Garnish with Sriracha and green onions and serve.