Think about what you could do with a batch of prepared, shredded, delicious white meat chicken on hand…
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil being sure to coat all sides.
- Add garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Pour broth around the outside of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- When the chicken is tender and cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and slice or shred with a fork.
- Serve in tacos, soup or chili, with your favorite gravy & mashed potatoes, cook it into a chicken casserole, or top it with teriyaki sauce and serve it over brown rice for an Asian twist.