Servings (15 cut into equal pieces) | Smart Points (5)
Serving size: 1 | Calories: 117 | Fat: 1 | Saturated fat: 0 | Carbohydrates: 25 | Sugar: 12 | Fiber: 0 | Protein: 1
Strawberry Shortcake Lasagna – a fun twist on the classic Spring dessert Strawberry Shortcake!
Sorry I haven’t posted anything in awhile. I’ve been busy working the last 8 days in a row. It’s been so busy at work from having an Easter buffet to making 650 sandwiches for a group of people. Finally got a couple days off here to make some yummy food. Strawberries are in Season now from late April through August. I love cutting a bunch of them up and throwing them on top of my protein waffles for breakfast in the morning. Strawberries are also good on top of vanilla ice cream. Throw them in a bowl with some sugar and let them macerate a bit. The berries will get really sweet.
This strawberry shortcake lasagna is so easy to make yet hard to resist. I didn’t realize the vanilla wafers that I got at the store were mini wafers until I opened up the package. Oh well, I made it work. The regular size vanilla wafers would have worked better with this. Mix cool whip, sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl. Then layer the dessert like you would a regular lasagna. So good and very Springy dessert to make!
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 4 c. fat-free cool whip
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ boxes reduced fat Nilla Wafers
- 1 lb. Strawberries, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer mix cool whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Assemble lasagna: In a 9″-x-13” pan, spread a thin layer of cool whip.
- Top with a layer of Nilla Wafers and spread a thick layer of cool whip on top.
- Top with a layer of strawberries. Repeat two times, ending with strawberries.
- Sprinkle with crushed Nilla Wafers.
- Refrigerate until Nilla Wafers are totally soft, 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Sprinkle with more powdered sugar, then slice and serve.