It takes the usual boring coleslaw you’ve come across at every picnic and get-together and flips it on its head…
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (I used Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Vidalia Onion, or regional sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway or celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, onion, caraway seeds and black pepper.
- Add the vinegar mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.