Pound cake is produced using margarine, eggs, flour, and sugar, and is heated in a portion skillet. Pound cake got its name from having a pound of every one of these fixings, however evidently Elvis Presley’s number one formula didn’t. In any case, this is the best pound we have ever constructed.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened, plus additional for buttering pan
- 3 cups sifted cake flour not self-rising; sift before measuring plus additional for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 7 large eggs at room temperature 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Put oven rack in middle position, but do not preheat oven.
- Generously butter two 8×4 loaf pans and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour. (Be sure to read NOTES if using 9×5 loaf pans)
- Sift together sifted flour and salt into a bowl. Repeat sifting into another bowl (flour will have been sifted 3 times total, once by itself and twice with the salt).
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or 6 to 8 minutes with a handheld mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add half of flour, then all of cream, then remaining flour, mixing well after each addition.
- Scrape down side of bowl, then beat at medium-high speed 5 minutes. Batter will become creamier and satiny.
- Spoon batter into pan and rap pan against work surface once or twice to eliminate air bubbles.
- Place pan in (cold) oven and turn oven temperature to 350°F. Bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in middle of cake comes out with a few crumbs adhering, 75-85 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes. Run a thin knife around inner and outer edges of cake, then invert rack over pan and invert cake onto rack to cool completely.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 336cal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sug
Get Your E-book Now