Easy and healthy Whole30 Vegetarian Power Bowl. Low carb, packed with roasted veggies, with a creamy and delicious Whole30 dressing. Top with a soft boiled egg for a filling, high protein vegetarian meal…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil — or melted coconut oil, divided
- 1 small red onion — cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes — scrubbed with skins on, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder — divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt — divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper — divided
- 1 small head broccoli — or cauliflower
- 1 small bunch kale — large stems removed
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice — about 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini — or swap natural almond butter
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 hard-boiled eggs — or soft-boiled, see recipe notes
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Liberally coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the onions and sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, turning the sweet potatoes cut sides up.
- Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil, making sure the flesh of the sweet potatoes is well coated.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Rub and toss to coat, and then arrange on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, chop the broccoli or cauliflower into florets (you should have about 5 cups total).
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the sweet potatoes so that they are cut sides down.
- Push the sweet potatoes and onions to one side and add the cauliflower or broccoli to the open side of the pan.
- Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- Carefully toss to coat, and then return the baking sheet to the oven.
- The pan will be very crowded, and the veggies will overlap somewhat.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft and the other vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and place the kale on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle the kale with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Lightly rub the kale to coat, and then arrange the kale in a single layer over the whole pan.
- Return the pan to oven and bake for 5 additional minutes, until the kale is very lightly crisp and softened.
- Remove the whole pan from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- While vegetables finish roasting, prepare the dressing:
- Add the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons hot water. Whisk to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt and up to 1/2 teaspoon additional cumin as desired.
- To serve: Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut the sweet potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Roughly chop the kale. Divide the vegetables among serving bowls.
- Slice the hardboiled eggs in half and place 2 halves on top of each bowl.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing and enjoy immediately.