Italian Sausage Soup is soul food. This one pot meal is ready in less than 45 minutes, but the flavor is so rich you’ll swear it was simmered for hours. It’s a great option for meal prep (it tastes even better the next day!) and freezes like a boss. Naturally gluten free, grain free, and dairy free.
I often reach for this Italian sausage soup recipe when I have no idea what to cook (or, ahem, failed to plan ahead). I almost always have the basic ingredients on hand, and what I don’t have readily available can be easily substituted by whatever’s in the pantry or the fridge.
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. extra light virgin olive oil
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 cups cooked white beans – or one 15 oz. can Great Northern or Cannellini beans, rinsed
1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked and rinsed
1 tsp. dried basil or 4 minced leaves fresh basil
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach
1 tsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Sautee garlic in olive oil.
2. Add sauteed garlic to 4 cups of chicken broth.
3. Add white beans to chicken broth and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Option: for creamy soup use hand blender and puree beans into broth.
4. Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
5. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can make the soup slimmer by using Italian turkey sausage. You can decrease the sodium by using dried and cooked beans instead of canned and rinsed.
Get Your E-book Now