The Apple Slab pie was delicious. It was a tad on the sweet side, but we love our sweets. I cut the recipe in half cause the whole recipe would have been too …
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (9 medium)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches.
- Unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other on the lightly floured surface.
- Roll to 17×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners.
- Fold extra pastry crust under, even with edges of the pan. Crimp edges.
- Mix granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice.
- Stir in apples to coat. Spoon apple mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool on rack 45 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until well blended. Drizzle over pie.
- Allow glaze to set before serving, about 30 minutes.