Moist and delicious banana bread recipe. … nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips if you want, or put the batter into muffin tins and make banana nut muffins instead…
- 1cream cheese (8-ounce), softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1 banana, ripe and mashed
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cnuts, chopped (walnuts, pecan, etc.)
- Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and butter, mixing until well blended. Blend in banana and eggs.
- Add combined remaining ingredients, mixing until moistened.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Glaze if desired when the bread is cooled.
NOTE: I just make a glaze with powdered sugar, a little milk, and either vanilla or lemon extract. It’s GREAT without glaze too. I personally like it best spreading…you guessed it…..Cream Cheese on each slice. Yum!! Makes 1 loaf.